Monday, May 14, 2012

Blessing Baskets

In honor of their 5th anniversary, the Temecula Quilt Co. offered a free quilt along on their blog.  And of course you know I decided to quilt along because I just can't have too many projects going at one time. I went ahead and bought a kit of fabric from them, but the pattern was free on their blog.  I really like this store and wish I could visit it in person, but it's in California.  They used fabric from the Old Savannah fabric line by Paula Barnes.

I really enjoyed this little project.  They posted a block a week for a total of 5 weeks for a total of 5 different little baskets blocks.  They were a lot of fun to make, and it was the first time I set anything diagonally.  That part only turned out so-so, but you've gotta do it to learn it.  





I failed to take a picture of the fifth block before I sent it off to be quilted.  I'm slipping.  I'm going to try to make a post a day or so for the next few days to try to get caught up on all my projects.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment