Monday, April 15, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up

Unfortunately there was just no sewing for me this past weekend.  

Friday, I was plagued with another one of those wonderful sinus headaches bordering on migraine.  I took Sudafed and Tylenol all day to no avail.  I finally gave up and just napped.

Saturday, my husband and I and our friends Greg and Susan went to Cincinnati to the International Quilt Show.  I had a fantastic time!

This was the vendor side of the room.  It wasn't as a great of a variety this year, but it was still fun looking around.  And I still managed to do some damage to the old wallet.  

I lost my mind at the Primitive Gatherings Booth. On my first trip there .... yes first ... I bought these two kits:

This pattern is called "9" and it consists of about 1000 nine patches ..... each measuring 1.5" finished!! That's right ... 1/2" finished squares!  I've lost my MIND!! Here are the fabrics:
 And Lisa Bongean does a wonderful job of packaging her kits:

These are heavy plastic zipper bags.  They are very nice and I will be able to use them over and over again.

The next pattern is called Camp Randall:
 This was actually my only "planned" buy.  Here are the fabrics for it:
There's no way I would have been able to assemble that variety of fabric by myself.  I'm super excited to get started on these!

I found a little quilt shop from Wilmington, NC that had a lot of nice stuff.  The name of the shop was Auntie Ju's Quilt Shoppe. I scored a cute little table topper there:
And here's the fabric:
Then I made a quick stop by Paper Pieces and purchase some 1/4" hexagons ... no ... that is not a typo .... 1/4"!!  I may loose my eyesight trying to sew these, but they were so stinking cute on display!
We walked around and around and I just didn't see anything else I wanted.  Until we took another pass by the Primitive Gatherings booth and saw this on the "other" side:
 Yeah ... it came home with me too!!  It was $100 off.  It was my "bargain"!  LOL  It's called Aunt Maggie's Patchwork Quilt:

 I went ahead and picked up this pattern too:

By this time Susan and I had gotten the attention of Lisa Bongean the owner of Primitive Gatherings. I joked and said we were groupies!  Anyway we talked to her for a little while and she is a really nice lady!  She's funky and I like her.  She said it was nice seeing younger ladies in her shop. And of course I showed her my tattoo!  She gave each of us a mini charm pack of her Snowman Gatherings line!  That was super sweet of her!
Then we were off to lunch at Rock Bottom Brewery.  We had some awesome food and then went back to look at the quilt exhibit.  I was really disappointed in the exhibit.  I like more traditional looking quilts and there were only a handful of those.  Most were what I would consider "modern" and I just couldn't get in to it. Then it was back home with all of my goodies!

Sunday was cleaning and laundry day.  So hopefully I'll get back to my sewing room on Friday.




1 comment:

  1. I go to the Houston International Quilt Show every year, and I no longer even go into the show. My time is spent with the vendors, and looking at their shop samples, and shopping. The Show has become all about "art" quilts, but there are still a lot of traditionalists out there. I get much more inspiration from the vendors! Glad I'm not the only one that has fallen out of love with "the show".

    ReplyDelete