Monday, December 8, 2014

Grand Illusion Part 2

These chevron units were my nemesis on the Celtic Solstice Mystery.  I despised each and every one I made.  So when I woke up Friday morning and looked at the new clue for Grand Illusion, I rolled over and went back to sleep!  I ended up making the units for Celtic Solstice with the Folded Corner Clipper ruler and it worked fairly well. 
 
I finally got up, made some coffee and headed to my sewing room and re-read all of Bonnie's directions.  Instead of using the ruler this time I decided to go ahead and do Bonnie's method #3 and make those bonus triangles ... because well .... I'm crazy that way.  Why crazy?  I HATE, HATE, HATE drawing lines on fabric .... and by choosing to do this method, I set myself up to draw TWO lines on each square ... not just one.  WHAT WAS I THINKING???

I began cutting ....


... and had all the pieces I needed in no time!  These colors are so not my norm.  But I think I like them.

And then there was the test block:


Success!  Apparently all that practice in Celtic Solstice paid off because my points matched up fairly well.
 
As of last night, I was only a little over half way done.  I'm also working on two quilts that are going to be Christmas presents so I'm on a tight schedule.  Anyway, here's where I am with all of my bonus triangles:
 

I should finish up with these before Friday pretty easily.  I'm linking up with Bonnie's blog HERE.  Hop on over and see how everyone else is doing!
 

3 comments: