Monday, May 13, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up

I spent most of this weekend getting ready for my surgical vacation tomorrow.  I got the house clean-ish and the laundry done.  I moved my sewing room to the kitchen since I won't be able to do stairs for a while.  I'll be sewing on my Featherweight.  I figure there will be lots of sewing and napping for a few days anyway.  Maybe I can get caught up on a couple of my BOMs!

I did get in a bit of hand sewing in.  I got my first Lucy Boston block done:
I'm using paper pieces ... as you can probably tell from all the threads!  I plan on making them out of scraps from other projects.  I'll need to decide on a background and highlight fabric though.  I think I'll wait until I get a few made to select something.

We made an impromptu trip to take my Mom to lunch for Mother's Day yesterday.  I managed to get the binding sewn on one of my little quilts on the trip there and back.

Here's Nala modeling:
 And here's the un-modeled quilt:
This is from Tara Lynn Darr's Book "Simply Charming" and the quilt is called Hopscotch. I need to buy some quilt hangers.  I wonder why they are so expensive though every time I buy them.  I think I need to assign my husband a task of duplicating those little buggers!

No comments:

Post a Comment