Monday, May 20, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up

My weekend had its ups and downs.  Saturday was really fun.  I met my friends Debbie and Susan at Quilts by Phyllis and we hung out there for a while.  Our hubbies hung out in the parking lot waiting for us.  Then we went to visit a local thread shop called the Village Sampler.  I needed thread for my anniversary present. The ladies there were very helpful and nice.  I got some of the thread I needed and they ordered the rest for me.  We then went to a local pub and got a bite to eat.  I was pretty tired by the time we got back home so I took about a 3 hour nap.  I continued to doze most of the evening.  By bed time I had the chills so I took my temperature and sure enough I had a small fever and some nausea to boot.


Sunday my temperature returned to normal but the nausea continued and I could not hold my eyes open.  Very long story short ... I spent the whole day in the ER being poked and prodded to find out nothing.  My official diagnosis .... too much Percocet.  I stopped the Percocet and lo and behold ... I feel better.  I tried to get Lortab today because I'm still pretty sore, but the doctor's office didn't call me back.  Aleeve just ain't cutting it.  Hopefully tomorrow they will hook me up.  This is my second bad experience with strong opiates.  As I have said many times today, I have no future as a drug addict.


Since it was so late last night when I finally got home from the ER and because they literally wore me out running tests, my hubby and I decided one more day at home was probably in order.  So I stayed home today and slept in.  Then got up and did some sewing.  My Civil War Sampler BOW is officially caught up! Yay!


Block 19 -- Ohio Star
Block 20 -- Lincoln's Platform


Next I started on a new BOM I received not long before surgery from the Temecula Quilt Company.  The pattern we are using is Road to Freedom.  It's being done in solids instead of prints.  So far I'm really enjoying it.  5" blocks though ... What was I thinking?? As the blocks get more complicated, the pieces are going to get teeny tiny!




Here are the first 5 blocks:



Block 1
Block 2
Block 3

Block 4

Block 5



Not bad for a day's work. Back to reality tomorrow however.

No comments:

Post a Comment