Saturday, February 11, 2012

My Birthday Present

My hubby got me a 1936 Singer Featherweight for my birthday. It came Thursday and he went ahead and let me have it even though my birthday isn't until the end of the month.  He's been working on it all weekend ... it received a little damage in shipping.  He's going to have to order a few replacement parts for it, but the lady he got it from graciously offered to pay for all repairs!  Can you imagine?  Most people would just say tough luck.  Anyway, this evening after much taking apart, cleaning, oiling and hard work .... he got it running!!!! And I got to sew a little on it!!  It's smooth!

I can't wait to take it to class!


The quilt hanging in the background is the center of a Carpenter's Star Quilt class I'm taking.  I had "homework" and finished it today.  More about that later though ....

Lastly, here's my sewing from the machine!!!


Did I mention that I was really excited?

No comments:

Post a Comment