Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sunday, Busy Sunday

I joined the Simply Charming Small Quilts Club from Homestead Hearth. It's a series of 12 small quilts from this book:


I got the book at the 2011 Quilt Festival in Summersville, WV.  I actually bought the book from the author, Tara Lynn Darr.  I didn't know that at the time or I would have gotten my quilt geek on and had her autograph it.  Today I put together my first quilt from the book called Nellie's Nine Patch.


After I finished that I put together that Shamrock block from yesterday. The binding is just pinned down in the picture, but I think it turned out pretty good.


After that .... yeah .... I was on a roll ... I put together three more blocks for my Farmer's Wife quilt:


These are (left to right):  Block #70 Prairie Queen, Block #72 Railroad and Block #84 Spool.  Now there are only 106 more to go!

Lastly, I sewed the Spiced Apple blocks together and cut the borders. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get them sewed on so I can take it to the quilter this coming weekend.


Whew!  It was a busy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment