Friday, February 17, 2012

Spiced Apples

I'm not posting a recipe ... just another quilt!

I started this quilt a little while ago after a trip to the Quilt Shoppe in Summersville, WV.   They don't have a website, but if you are ever in that area, I highly recommend stopping in.  The owner is Vickie Fleer and they have a wonderful selection of fabric.

But I digress ...

I bought this book on that trip:




Vickie had the Spiced Apple Quilt in her shop and I just had to make one.  I've posted pictures of the work in progress on Facebook, but it's hard to keep a record there so I want to repost every thing here.

I started cutting strips and of course I had expert help, our two Bengals, Khaleesi and Keira:


It was in the middle of this that I discovered  that Keira was a fetcher.  Yes, just like a dog.  See the collar in the picture below?  That's her toy of choice to bring back and forth for you to throw.  It does make it difficult to use a rotary cutter with something constantly being dropped in your way, but it's so worth it!!



I finally got all the strips cut though:


 Next I had to sew all those strips together:



Then those got cut apart and sewn into blocks.  And yes, kitchen colanders really do make great baskets!


Then ... those blocks got sewn in to bigger blocks.





I've finally gotten all of those sewn together and started laying out the quilt:



 So this weekend I hope to get this one sewn together and then I can show some of the other projects I've gotten myself into!

No comments:

Post a Comment