Saturday, November 17, 2012

Home Front Hexies

After seeing Bonnie Hunter's hexie quilt that she calls "Lady in Waiting" in person, I was anxious to try English Paper piecing myself. Here's a link to the work in progress on her website: Lady in Waiting. Pictures do not do that quilt justice and I had the good fortune of seeing the finished top.  That is a BUNCH of hexies!!

 I decided I would do 1" hexies and ordered a set of 2.5" strips of the fabric line Home Front from Connecting Threads to use for my new project.  It came last week and on Friday, I quickly cut some of the strips up in to 2.5" squares.  It's bright colors so I went with a solid black to use for a background.





So far I'm addicted to making these little things! I even took them with me today to quilt class to sew a few before we got started!


I can't wait to sew some together into rosettes!!


No comments:

Post a Comment