Monday, December 24, 2012

Easy Street Part 5

I finished Easy Street Part 5 today.  I'm anxious for the next part!!!  You can check out every body's progress HERE.

Easy Street Part 5


And I've been looking at this and resisting, but I finally broke!  I'm going to make this quilt:


Modern Half Square Triangle Quilt-a-Long

The picture is a screen capture from my phone so I apologize for it not looking so great.  It's over on Knit 'n Lit's Blog.  She posts one block per week and it goes for 72 weeks.  I think they are on week 16, so I've got a bit to do to get caught up.  I decided to make it scrappy teal and white.  I blame Bonnie Hunter for this.  LOL  I've never really used a lot of teal fabric until her Mystery Quilt and I'm kind of hooked on it right now. I've also never really done scrappy, but I'm kind of hooked on that as well.

Since it's all half square triangles, I was about to order Star Singles or Thangles.  I never have the size I need it seems.  So after doing a little research, I decided to buy the Triangulations program.  Now I will have just the size I need.  All I will have to do is print them!  I went and bought some really cheap paper at the dollar store to use to print them on so it would rip easier and it works great!  Here are some of the HSTs I made today:

Modern Half Square Triangle Quilt-a-Long

 As soon as I get enough variety I'll start making blocks.

And now Nala and I wish you a very Merry Christmas.  She's watching for Santa while I mess on this computer!  Good Night, Folks!


Nala Keeps an Eye Out for Santas Bearing Gifts of Tuna




8 comments:

  1. It sure looks you have quite a few HSTs in your future! I was always afraid of them until learning how Bonnie made hers. You've got some lovely colors. Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooohhhhhh. I'm interested in the hst qal. Might have to check it out. Wonder what it would look like with reds and pinks. Your block look great. Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've made 9 or 10 of the half square triangle quilt but got bored with my colours - floral pinks and greens. I need to do the blocks in something bright, like turquoise and orange. Great Easy Street blocks. I'm hoping we join some together this week. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have Triangulations too! It's so easy to crank out volumes of HSTs that way. I'm also a paper piecer. Now I'm tempted too!

    Cheers!
    - Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too am blaming Bonnie Hunter for the sudden urge to make scrappy quilts with a gazillion pieces...I was flipping through magazines last night thinking just that! I think I want to do a miniature. I wish I could speed up time to Friday morning and get the next Easy Street Clue too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that half-square quilt-along looks amazing. It will look fantastic in scrappy teal and white.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mystery is looking good. Wow on that next project and I thought we were nuts with 5 dogs (lol)! I have triangulations and LOVE IT! Makes hst's more painless!

    ReplyDelete