Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Better Late Than Never .... Weekend Wrap Up

It doesn't seem like I got much accomplished sewing wise this past weekend but it was jam packed full of stuff. 

Friday:

I got caught up with the Modern Half Square Triangle Quilt-a-Long.  Go me!!  Here are blocks 21 through 24:

Block 21
Block 22
Block 23
Block 24
I'm excited to be caught up with this.  Now I've only got one block a week to do!

I also got two more of my Civil War Sampler BOW blocks done:

Block 5 -- Hovering Hawks
Block 6 -- Port and  Starboard
I'm really enjoying this quilt and the variety of fabrics they are sending.  I can't wait to finish this next year!

Saturday:

Saturday was my Shadowbox class at Quilts by Phyllis.  I had a wonderful time sewing and talking with all the ladies in my class.  I'm about 90% done.  I had great intentions of finishing the quilt Saturday evening, but we had a bit of a mishap involving one spotted Bengal cat and a tray of terracotta paint.  Needless to say most of my evening was spent cleaning up the cat and the house!  I failed to take any pictures of the work in progress or the "cat-astrophe".... I find I'm a slacker with the camera when I'm in a class. 

Sunday:

I wasn't' feeling all that great so I spent a little time sorting through some of my scraps .... I plan on starting a scrappy Irish Chain as a leaders and enders project.  I'd like to have enough 2" squares to take with me to Jackson's Mill the weekend after next to use as leaders and enders.  I may have enough at this point.  I'll probably just pack up what I have and make do.  I also made a few different string centers for my Lucky Stars quilt.  I decided to do different ones since I couldn't decide which I liked best!  Hopefully I'll be able to get those done and the Shadowbox quilt on Friday. 

Have a good week y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment