Sunday, February 3, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up

I got in to a little bit of everything this weekend.  Variety is the spice of life!

Thursday Night:

Quilt-cam!!  I sewed with Bonnie and managed to chain all of my Unit 1s through the machine during that time.
Sea of Unit 1s for Lazy Sunday
Friday:

Was "hair" day.  I had to venture out in the weather in the sleigh on wheels to get my hair cut.  Someday I will grow up and buy an "adult" car instead of a sports car.  But I'm not planning that anytime soon!  Once I got home, I pressed open all those Unit 1s, clipped the corners and stacked them neatly:

Lazy Sunday Unit 1
Then I assembled a toy bin that I got to use to start my "Scrap Users System" like Bonnie recommends.  I even got a little ambitious and pulled out a box of scraps and started sorting and cutting.

Scrap Bins
I could actually use two of these ... one for lights and one for darks, but for now I'm just going to put a divider in the baskets.  They will fill fast though because I'm finding scraps that I've stuck EVERYWHERE!!

Saturday:

I made a quick trip to Quilts by Phyllis to drop off the baby blankets I finished last week and couldn't resist picking up some fabric to make the Love Me Tender Table Runner.

Sunday:

I finished the Love Me Tender Runner:

Love Me Tender
I had enough fabric left to cut out 4 more blocks.  I think I may put them together for a little wall hanging.  I'll have to pick up more border fabric though.

Then I started a new kit I got from Connecting Threads (which is now sold out) called the Spinning Stars Table Topper.  I cut the whole quilt and made the first Unit.  I just need to square these up.

Unit 1 Spinning Stars
And last but not least, I cut the pieces for the 148 Unit 2s for Lazy Sunday.  I cut the background for the Unit 3s too, but I haven't gotten in to the purples yet to cut them.  I forget we have so much time between steps on this one.  I'm trying to pace myself so I don't finish too far ahead of the next clue.

Unit 2 Lazy Sunday
Back to reality tomorrow .... *sigh*


4 comments:

  1. Hi Dee!
    Just a quick comment to let you know that I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award!
    http://peachypages.blogspot.com/2013/02/liebster-award_5.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather! Thanks for the nomination! I'll participate for sure ... sound like a lot of fun!

      Delete
  2. I just came over from Heather's blog. Looks like you had a very productive weekend! I love the color combination in the love me tender table runner.

    ReplyDelete