Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Mid Week Sewing & Goals

It was back to work for me today.  Because of the holidays this week though, I have to work 8-hours days instead of 10s so I got home early enough to get a couple hours in at the machine.  I worked on Easy Street - of course!  I got one more block sewn together and the next row partially sewn together.  I failed to take any pictures but if I get the row finished tomorrow I will be sure to post one of the progress.

I also made blocks 5 & 6 for the Modern Half Square Triangle Quilt-a-Long. 

Block 05

Block 06

I've still got a little ways to go to get caught up, but I'm steadily making progress.

I don't do New Year's Resolutions, but I was thinking that having a set goal during Easy Street sure did make it easier to keep up with that quilt.  So, I thought I'd pick 12 UFOs from my pile and work towards finishing them in the year 2013.  As soon as I figure out how to add them to the side bar I will put them there and then mark them off as I finish them (hopefully).  I've debated with myself over whether to include Easy Street in that list and I've finally decided that I will not since I'm well on my way with that one.  So without further ado, here is my UFO Goals for 2013 in no particular order:
  1. Susan & Greg's Memory Quilt
  2. Smith Mountain Morning
  3. Vintage Rouge
  4. Amish with a Twist
  5. Delectable Mountains
  6. Hopin' Hares Table Runner
  7. Mountain Quilt Quest 2011 Quilt
  8. Patchwork Party 2012 Quilt
  9. Cottage Sampler
  10. All Paths Lead Home
  11. Vintage Kansas City Star BOM
  12. 45 & Life to Go
Wow ... it seems a little ambitious seeing it in writing like that, but I'll do my best.  If I get them done, I do, if not, hey, there's always next year, right?  Right.

1 comment:

  1. The place I work is closed until 21st January, so I have a bit of sewing time left, fortunately.

    It seems you have lots to keep you busy this year outside work!

    ReplyDelete