Sunday, January 27, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up

What a weekend!!

Earlier last week, I got an invitation in the mail for a friend of ours daughter's baby shower.  This was TOTALLY unexpected as they are adopting and it happened much faster than anyone anticipated.  The shower is next weekend and the baby comes home in mid February!  

I just happened to have some baby fabric in my stash that was going to be for another baby, but I never got around to making it.  That baby got a crocheted blanket instead.  So I quickly started cutting up fat quarters using my Yellow Brick Road pattern.  I love that pattern!  It's quick, easy and gets the job done in no time flat!  The baby blanket size called for 6 FQs but I had 9 so I decided I would just make them all.  

Assembly Area for Yellow Brick Road

Chaining Away
Once I got the blocks done and laid out on the floor, I figured I had enough for two blankets.  One crib size and one smaller.  Now I'll have a back up blanket should I get caught like this again.  I also decided that I needed a small inside border to separate the body of the quilt from the main border.  I didn't have any fabric that I wanted to use (of course) but already had a big trip planned to Quilts by Phyllis for her open house the next day.  I would look then for the right inner border.

Since I still had some time left before my Hubby got home from work, I decided I'd do two more Modern Half Square Triangle blocks.  I believe these are Blocks 13 & 14.

Block 13 Modern Half Square Triangle Quilt-a-Long


Block 14 Modern Half Square Triangle Quilt-a-Long
Saturday was my trip to Quilts by Phyllis for her semi-annual Open House. I had a great time meeting up with my friends, Mary, Debbie & Susan.  Of course I bought too much!!

I signed up for a class next month.  We will be doing the pattern Shadowbox.  Here is the fabric I chose for that:

Shadowbox Fabric

It's the Flirt line by Sandy Gervais for Moda fabrics.  When I first saw this pattern, I wasn't overly excited about it until I saw the class sample made out of these fabrics.  Just gorgeous! I can't wait to get mine put together.

I also got my fabric for my main class as Jackson's Mill in March.  I will be taking Lucky Stars.  I'm also taking an Iron Tote Mini class.  I failed to take a picture of that fabric, but it's Old Glory Gatherings by Primitive Gatherings.  I think it will be nice.

Lastly, I bought my fabric for Lazy Sunday!!!!  Take a look:

Lazy Sunday

Lazy Sunday Backgrounds
I can't wait to get started!!!  It probably won't be until next weekend now though.

Today I finished the baby blankets .... I found an inner border at Phyllis' yesterday.

Yellow Brick Road Baby Blankets


I think they turned out pretty nice!

Now I just need to get my borders on Easy Street and "Git 'er Done"!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment